Each year the Millersville Community-University Parade offers competitions in the
categories outlined below. Please note that competition is strictly optional. Floats,
marching groups and other entries can participate in the parade without competing.
Float Categories - [ Download The Rules ]
- Commercial - includes all floats entered by businesses and for-profit organizations
- Community - includes all floats entered by non-profit organizations
- University - includes all floats entered by MU students
Marching Unit Categories - [ Download The Rules ]
You can also download a printable copy of the Categories of Competition.
- Instrumental - includes any group performing with musical instruments
(musical groups receiving payment for participating in the parade are not eligible to compete)
- Non-instrumental - includes all groups marching without instruments such as: dance groups (non-float
groups), cycle groups, animal handlers, cheerleaders, etc.
- Baton - all baton groups
- Color Guard and Similar Military Entries - Includes color guards and all military marching entries